Hot and Cold Workshop from Fizzics Education
Your holidays heat up as we explore how heat is propagated through a variety of materials plus how we harness heat for our own use;
- Learn how heat can be created from other energy sources
- Discover how temperature differences can make engines work
- Learn how convection drives ocean currents and atmospheric processes
- Look at chemical reactions; some release heat and others absorb heat
From the Sun to future technologies, this workshop will keep your children warmed up to science!
Below are the materials for children to obtain before the workshop to do the hands on Heat Conduction Experiment along with the presenter online:
• Ice-cubes (at least 6)
• 3 things from your kitchen that can hold an ice-cube and are made out of different materials (for example a metal baking tray, a plastic bowl and a ceramic cup)
• A towel (for drying any spills)
The workshop is being delivered online via Zoom. It is free but bookings essential. A Zoom link will be emailed to you before the class. During this class students will not be able to see or hear each other, only our presenter.
This workshop is suitable for ages 5-12 years.